Thursday, July 21, 2011

ICT 2011

It's true that Twitter and Facebook have been taking my time away from blogging. Sometimes you put yourself out there and when it comes to actually writing an entry, you're all out of juice.

But this entry is not about that. It's about my in-camp training last week. There's plenty of things I hated about it. I hate that I sometimes have to push on, even when my head is about to burst. I hate that there's a lot of waiting.

But I love sweating it out. I love the physical exertion, the physical activity. I feel like I'm exerting myself, really feeling it, like the body and mind are one. It's the feeling of a hard day's work... when I was inside that contraption, setting it up, and my singlet wetter than it'd ever been and sticking to every part of me, and me rushing against time, against my physical limit to get the bar into its fucking position. There's a strange sense of exhilaration.

And I'm a bit of a different persona in camp. My normal usage of vulgarities went up about ten times. Because, as we all know, bitching is a coping mechanism. And what better way to bitch than with the familiar people that I'm glad to see whenever I go back. Going through all that shit again somehow builds a bond that's not affected by time. It's memorable alright.

Also, I passed my IPPT!

Maybe the most exciting parts of life doesn't always have to be good. Maybe the worst parts of it might end up being the ones that you look back most fondly on. I go back year after year, the dread never decreasing. But I appreciate being outdoors, facing the sun, with the men that I've come to know for almost 6 years. We've all grown, we're all different, yet we work well together.

If only I didn't have to spend so much money cabbing to camp.

2 comments:

esotism said...

congrats on passing IPPT!

i just booked mine for mid Aug today! *crosses fingers*

jason kyh said...

you will surely make it! CAT Y some more! =P