Monday, February 27, 2012

That Impromptu Clubbing Session

They played every song that I wanted to hear, and then some! No time was wasted. Music was tasted, on top of cranberry vodka and a tequila shot.

I haven't been dancing for months but the night before, the stars aligned and the company was fine. I was actually feeling a tad down and had a race the next day. The alternative to staying at home to mope was to get out and have a good time. So I did.

I partied with an old friend who was feeling a little down too. I've known him for almost half a decade but I think we've never hung out like this before! We also mingled with relatively new friends who were younger and fresher... Yes thinking about it now they make me feel old. They had a great vibe about them - so much energy and so much cheer. I was there, arms around friends, throbbing lights in my face and floating in music that made me so happy I could die.

Time passed quickly and a couple of hours later, both of us stumbled out of the club. The real delight was having someone to share a cab home with!

It was magic. With that, all our troubles melted into the dark.

No comments: