Thursday, March 01, 2012

uRun

w02

Took part in NTUC's uRUN last Sunday. It was supposed to have the added element of a 30-storey climb after a 10km run, but I knew I wasn't up for it! Thankfully I only signed up for the run. And now, 10 things about this 10 km run:

w06

  1. First time running with my NatSteel colleague, Bryan, in a race. Our Sports and Recreation Committee will be organising more of such runs and it'll be cool to have more people join us next time round. (The other colleagues who joined uRun took on the vertical climb component bravely!)
  2. I clubbed and drank the night before.
  3. I ran on 2 hours of sleep. Never again.
  4. The route sucked. There were so many U-turns, maybe that's why they called it the uRun! Boring and repetitive scenery.
  5. The Brooks running tee is too tight. I'm giving it away. I felt my ribs being crushed!
  6. I liked how the emcee was hyping everyone before the race. Really A+.
  7. We spent about an hour covering 10km. We spent another hour in the queue to retrieve our bags from the baggage counter.
  8. I learnt that the area underneath the huge seating area where we waited for our bags was extremely stuffy.
  9. I met my cousin's boyfriend while in the queue.
  10. The youthful volunteers helping out with the logistics brought good energy to the event.
w05

In all, it was a good run, even though it got a really hot and I my exhaustion did get to me a little. I'm happy that I didnt' stop even though I came close to doing so and even sped up towards the end.

w04

Second race of the year completed! More to come.

No comments: