Thursday, August 02, 2012

That NDP Spirit

So we thought to start small. We've done telematches for kids. That was fun. This time round we're trying to celebrate National Day with SPD and we came up with a simple programme - singing National Day songs. When the volunteers arrived we got off to a slow start as there weren't many people. More came and we built on their momentum. My intern joined in as well! 

There were a few good singers in the group and slowly, everyone started to find their groove. I realised that it wasn't easy for people who weren't used to singing, to sing. 

Count On Me Singapore, Stand Up for Singapore, One People One Nation One Singapore and Home. So much nostalgia and so much magic to revisit these songs. I had fun singing but more importantly, it was great to see my colleagues come together, peek out of their comfort zone, and create a special atmosphere with their voices. Amazing, amazing stuff. 

The part that was of most value to me was seeing my colleagues have a laugh at each other, breaking the ice... Having fun. 

I've always thought that internal communications meant that - building a company culture, contributing to a "family", getting to know each other, getting closer to one another. I hope that comes through in my work and all I do. 

I'm looking forward to bringing our performance to SPD and possibly, brewing a bit of magic with our company spirit and the National Day celebrations.

No comments: