Wednesday, July 25, 2012

First Anniversary

It's quite a milestone, the first year in the workforce. As with most things, I went with my gut. I didn't get a lot of offers and when I got this, I accepted it readily. I didn't know that quite a few people interviewed for my position. I just thought that ti'd be fun to do communications in a steel manufacturing company.

No, but seriously. How cool is that! 

One year on I'm pleasantly surprised that despite the travel to work, which I despise, I'm quite happy working here. I can see myself staying on for awhile. I have my fingers in quite a few pies (very me). I've nice colleagues. I've had good opportunities. I learn something new all the time, interact with new people all the time. It's good fun.

That's what I think work is, I guess. I hope I'll be inspired, that I'd enjoy doing it. Every problem is just something that needs to be dealt with and not an obstacle. The tougher the job, the greater the satisfaction. I think I'm still getting the hang of that. Despite being grateful I still complain a bit at times! Need to tone that down. But so far so good.

Many good years ahead. 

No comments: