Monday, May 26, 2008

Food Fair

I need to stop taking the good weather for granted. I was so surprised that it rained this morning when we've been having sunny skies for almost every day for the past 7 days or so. I almost died walking to the train station in my frictionless slippers.

Liqi and I made our way to the Singapore Expo, where it was really happening, with at least 3 fairs making their presence felt. There was, the most famous of them all, the Singapore Food Fair.



I love the variety of food that we tried. We ate everything from the chicken rice to the awesome otak from Defu! We also sank our teeth into a cheese chicken wing, 10 different types of fried seafood stuff from Dodo (all for $3) and the grass jelly from Mr Bean!



We also got the opportunity to sample countless other stuff. Tomorrow's the last day so get yourself down there while it's still open. It's bound to be super crowded at night though so for those having holidays, it'll be good to get there at 11AM!



On the way we met Zhen De and also... the man we specially came to see was working his charms with the girls from 8-80 years old, my roomie, Daniel! He sure looked like he was enjoying his work despite the long hours and the endless crowd. I think it isn't much of a problem for him - his patience and earnesty certainly worked to his advantage. The chocolates he's selling are really tasty too. Liqi and I bought 2 boxes!

After that we dropped by the Popular Fair. It was like book heaven. I was tempted to grab a couple of books on photography as well as assessment books for my tuition kids - they need it anyway! I don't believe in having a totally study-free holiday after all the shit I've been through the past 13 years (6P+4S+2JC+1Uni) to get where I am!

Well, other than this holiday that is! Wooohooo!

Liqi and I grabbed 80 over dollars worth of stuff before forcing ourselves out of that place. If I could, I would go there and get some more but due to time and monetary constraints, we just had to get out of there!

Ooh, and there's a Robinson's 150th Anniversary Sale going on there too. I'm hoping to go back there before it all ends. It's horrible though, the fact that the Singapore Expo is so damn far away from everywhere else!



I'm still wondering why the Expo MRT station is so beautiful, considering people only visit the place... when they need to!



And this is all the stuff I bought from the Popular Fair! It's unbelievable! Any other ordinary day and this shit would've cost about 80 dollars, but I got it all for a mere $25! Woohoo!

Yeah, it really says something about my warped taste in music. Movie-wise... I haven't caught those two yet, but I'm a bit of a sucker for romantic-comedies lately. They are romantic-comedies... aren't they?

01

No comments: