Wednesday, December 17, 2008

From Ashes

The Hall was buzzing with various activities today. People going for training, people locked in fierce competition and people showing their support fiercely. I was glad I came back today, just to see what I've missed.

Some friendly hellos from the people that I've made a difference during their short stay in hall made me realise what I've been missing.

Quite a few people commented that they haven't seen me around lately. It made me feel as though I've been hiding under a rock. It was disorientating for me too, to suddenly thrust into the bustle of being involved hall activities again.

Dance rehearsal was great, although I've forgotten about half of it by now. I tried, but I couldn't make it till the end. Haven't had such an intense workout for such a long time. It felt good and I'm looking forward to more. It's bad that I'll be missing rehearsals the next three days, but it's easier to turn down an invitation than to let down people whom I've promised to go out with for the longest time.

DnD meeting was good. As a senior I knew what I was doing. I had opportunities to speak up and play a greater part in shaping the events that will follow. The thing I enjoy most is guiding people. I'd really like to hear the juniors speak up more because we value their opinion. I don't want to dominate or intimidate so I'm controlling myself. The point is for everyone to grow through their involvement as I have. It's a great experience.

We're moving forward.

Goth it is.

01

No comments: