Sunday, December 20, 2009

Looking Forward

With each passing year I feel my life becoming less structured. Maybe it's part of growing up and the freedom of choice that comes with it. What I make of my life and my time is a result of my decision. It's exciting and scary to discover what I want and not have to live by conventions nor the wishes of others.

I will spend the first half of next year interning at the Singapore Police Force. I enjoy being the "big fish in a small pond". It will give me the opportunity to learn and apply what I know with regards to New Media. The second half will be spent back in NTU. It will be my second-last semester. I wanna graduate and leave lecture halls and examinations behind.

I'm thinking of taking more tuition jobs next year. I've been slack this holiday and spending ridiculous amounts of money without earning any. I plan to diversify my sources of income. There's no better time to start and learn. I want to travel, to meet new people and have time and cash to finance my personal projects.

Health and fitness. Haha! I hope that I will have the determination to be consistent.

And writing. Hmm. I think I'll have to work on that too. I haven't really got a specific goal in mind. I don't know where it'll take me. All I do know is that I'll be doing a lot of it! I might end up spouting gibberish, writing a screenplay or short stories... I don't know exactly, but I will most certainly be writing.

As for my social life, I shall put in more effort and cherish the people around me and at the same time surround myself with people who inspire me.

From today till the 31st December, it'll be parties galore. When it all ends I want to feel energised and ready to take on another year. Not getting any younger. It's going to be the year of the Tiger again!

01

No comments: