Friday, March 25, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

So I sat through an hour of lecture by the great Lady Gaga. Actually learned a lot, felt inspired and felt my brain being stretched. She said many things - some took awhile to make sense, others were funny, while the rest was enlightening. She talked about art, about messaging, about promotion, about branding. She spoke of breaking free from the past, not living life in regret, fighting the "darkness" and finding your "specialness". It was really inspiring.

Went to Far East Movement's Free Wired Tour at Wavehouse last Thursday. I enjoyed myself tremendously. Their music was great and they were entertaining. It's my first time to a beach gig and I quite like the atmosphere. I was so crazy that I bought a $38 FLY LIKE A G6 T-shirt! It was lots of fun.

Music is a huge part of my life and this week I got a chance to do a recording for Lyon in the school's studio! Pamy sang it and I just popped in to provide the backing vocals. If you're curious you can download it here. It's just a rough one I think and Lyon is still working on it. I downloaded it and after multiple listens, I quite like it! Kudos to the composer.

I can't wait to sing at Kbox. Think it will happen soon with the OGLs or Ryan, possibly next week.

Another thing that I'm looking forward to next week - King Kong Jane's gig at Home Club next Friday.

Despite music being the one thing I love the most, I'm a writer at heart.

01

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of god calls, pick up the damn phone!

:)

w

jason kyh said...

yes this is one lecture worth watching to over and over and over again!