Thursday, October 27, 2011

Food and Friends

Just putting down some thoughts on the blog always seems to make me feel happier. Even if I don't ever read them again, even if they don't make sense. Even if I read them again and they don't make sense!

Got to know two new friends yesterday and the four of us walked to Selegie to have pasta, before walking to somewhere around Orchard Central and having Coffee Bean at Starbucks. It was both interesting and inspiring to finally meet them when I've known them for so long. It was more than I expected and was impressed by the both of them.

Wonderful breakfast today with Rex at Chong Pang Market. Parking was a nightmare, no thanks to it being a public holiday. Had the awesome chee cheong fun with char siew and shrimp fillings. I can't wait to go back there... super cheap food, but deeply satisfying. It's always different to have something that's not typically western. It satisfies... as strange as this sounds, my "cultural hunger".

It was a short but fulfilling Deepavali holiday.

It's nice to have a job and be comfortable. Things are constantly changing, sometimes quietly so. It's nice to be engaged and challenged and not become bored... or jaded. In life, in love, in friendships, in experiences.

No comments: