Wednesday, October 05, 2011

25

Turning 25 was great. I mean, the partying? The independence? Being where I wanna be? It was the best birthday ever. I celebrated, and it's not over! Someone commented that it's like Chinese New Year. I'll have you know it's bigger than Chinese New Year!

But there's really a kind of satisfaction, knowing that I'm where I want to be in many aspects of my life. I've got what I want, what I need. I'm surrounded by wonderful people. I like who I've become. I'm more confident, more comfortable with myself. I got a job. I'm not broke. I'm healthy. I work hard. I wish I had a bit more time, but I make the most of the time I've got. I still love music. I love dancing. It's nice to know that I didn't change dramatically, that I've grown up and my passions have grown up with me. They've refined and been redefined!

The weekend that just passed was really happening. One surprise birthday song, well-executed. To some, maybe it's just tradition. But now, I cherish the fact to be able to do it every year, even more so when it's just once! It's great to be surrounded by wonderful, good-looking people that I was so lucky to have the chance to know. Porcelain, by Moby. 2 nights of clubbing followed... the music, the lights. The music especially! The dancing! The alcohol! The rush! The high! Once! Twice! Three times! Then there was a cosy lunch with a colleague before a surprise end to my 25th, on the 3 Oct - Westlife in concert! The screams! The music! The dancing! My singing! Their singing!

So yes, it's nice to celebrate that I've found the things in life that made me happy.

We celebrate... just cos we can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

refined and redefined. I like that. Growing up is all about that!

w

jason kyh said...

wahahaha shy! =)) thank you!