Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Focus

"Listening to the song Brandon mentioned in my mind, thinking of the article Ros shared on Dhubai in my head, dreaming of the places Dylon wants to travel to... Focus, avoid excess, don't believe all the bullshit you see, sometimes the lie of the truth is the most honest."

Wrote this on my Facebook yesterday and was motivated to blog but the feeling escaped me. So I'll put this here, just to give me a feel of what I wanted to say.

Music's a huge part of my life. Brandon talked about Paradise by Coldplay being so haunting that he had to delete it from his iPod. I heard Ode To My Family by The Cranberries on the bus today. I had shivers down my spine and it felt like I was getting stabbed by glass deep inside but I listened to it anyway. Music moves me in a special way.

The article about Dubai was beyond amazing. I have to read it again! It's what good writing is about - bringing the reader to a new place. Exploring unknown land, new ground. But at the same time, to take a stand. Take a stand against the injustice that's happening around the world and persuade others to do the same. This article was widely shared on Facebook and I guess it deserves a re-read and if I can, another entry.

Dylon wrote, "Seattle, Christina Yang, Space Needles, Miranda Bailey, Starbucks, Dylon, Destination, Trip, Cheap Tickets, 2 weeks, Alone." Culture. TV. Travel. Things that I hold close to me, that make me who I am. And yes, getting to know of different places makes me want to travel there to discover them for myself. And discover myself. I crave the adventure. I want to document, to take photos, to write, to let people see the world the way I see it.

I need to cut down on the excess. Distillate. Find the essence of what I need to become. And work towards that.

No comments: