Sunday, July 01, 2012

Half-Time Commentary

Half a year has gone past, swift as the wind.

Am I happy with how it turned out so far? Yes I must say I'm satisfied.  Have I done what I set out to accomplish? I've been like a leaf, going where the wind blows... so it's a half-half I think. Have I been outstanding and ridiculously proud of all that I've done. Not really. I believe that I could've done better in some aspects.

There has been some good surprises. Back-to-back trip to Phuket and then Darwin; there were also two trips to Bintan with my CS friends. Then the past few weekends flew by in a blur, with lots of loud music, fantastic beer and even better company. The fitness theme for this year is running and I've been running like crazy, possibly more than the past couple of years added together. Completed races and won medals. The most memorable were Urbanathlon and Sundown. They were great because they were difficult and completing them was such a rush. As for concerts, well, the high from witnessing Lady Gaga is enough to last the whole year! There were also two huge KKJ gigs that I went for. I'm glad they're back in a big way.

Looking into the crystal ball, it's going to be more of the same, but a tad more exciting. Three more races have already been booked, one of which, the adidas King of the Road, is in KL. That's in September. One month before that I'll be flying to KL but this time, to Taman Negara, the world's oldest tropical rainforest. I'm quite tempted to visit Bintan for another short trip to discover what I haven't had the chance to and Batam to cable-ski for a day. Also, more clubbing, yes, more booze, more dancing. 


Family's fine. Friends are fine. Work's fine. My health is fine. My financial health., er, will be like wine, and grow fine with time. The world of Pop is fine. 


I like how the year is unfolding slowly, revealing secrets to me about myself and my part in the world. Every step is a step in the right direction; every mistake is a step to perfection. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the world is your oyster!!