Thursday, April 19, 2012

At Odds

I want to be in a club, music blasting, head spinning, dancing and dancing till the world ends.

I want to be by the beach, in the sun, peering at everyone behind my sunglasses, drink in hand and dreaming about nothing.

I want to be in my bed, wrapped up in the sheets, beside a hot cup of Earl Grey, holding on to my Samsung Galaxy Tab, reading, with the rain pelting down on the windows.

I want to be meeting people from all walks of life, every second of the day, indulging in priceless conversation, with me listening at rapt attention.

I want to be alone, shut everything out, maybe with a bit of music, but alone with my own thoughts, till I figure out what I'm thinking.

I want to be the one that everyone knows, that everyone is proud to know, that everyone wants to talk to, that everyone has an opinion about.

I want to be with the same group of close friends and family all the time, because I know I don't need more and they'll always be there and I can always be me.

I want to be the owner of a house on the fortieth floor with a view of the sunset, like an egg yolk sinking into the ocean, and a dog resting at my ankles.

I want to be in a village, full of children speaking a language I don't understand, waking up to the cold and the sound of chickens under my house on stilts.

I want to be a writer.

I want to be a singer.

I want to be a host.

I want to be...

Maybe I should first aim to be someone with less contradictions eh?

4 comments:

Isaiah Kuan said...

hahaha..ya, maybe we should all aim to be someone who contradicts ourselves lesser.. =)

jason kyh said...

yeah, definitely! i think it's a matter of time though, i think there's a side that i'm leaning more towards hahaha... ;)

Anonymous said...

You can be all of the above! Why choose only one. They are not mutually exclusive. (Ok, maybe the house on stilts and the apartment in high rise) We have many sides, and that's why we are interesting.

w

jason kyh said...

wah you read until so clear, can remember the house on stilts and the apartment in high rise. maybe one is my house the other is my office ;) but yes... maybe the trick is to embrace it all!