Monday, July 20, 2009

In Control

I got persuaded to take IPPT tomorrow with my platoon. It's not peer pressure okay, it's called team spirit. Unfortunately something went wrong and my name was not inside, so not only do I not have to take IPPT, I don't have to book in early tomorrow!

Because of that, I went for a 10km run in my brand new Brooks. I thought that I wouldn't do it justice to run the usual 3-4km. It was really good and I had a lot of fun. There was the awesome view on the way to Sembawang MRT, meeting my uncle and aunt along the way and great music that got me going.

The best thing of all was the fact that I was enjoying the moment. I wasn't thinking of the past, I wasn't planning for the future. I was there, controlling every breath, every step. And it felt really good. I stopped quite a few times along the way though as most of the time when I reached a traffic junction, the lights weren't in my favour.

When I ran back to the fitness corner at my place and started on my cool down, I stared into the distance and admired the sunset and Woodlands MRT station basked in a warm orange glow. It was then that I realised that I live in a rather nice neighbourhood and it would probably be a mistake to move out too soon.

I stank like mad though... I think the last time I ran such a distance was about a year ago.

I like the feeling of being in the moment and in control. I guess it's something that I'm aiming achieve with regards to what I do in time to come.

PS I've bought the tickets for Lady Gaga's concert at Fort Canning, 12th August. If you're going, see you there!

01

1 comment:

weetzdom tooth said...

see you there! :)