Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Another Day In Paradise

Breakfast was at the same place that we had lunch the day before. It wasn't as good as the one at Nirwana Gardens but it's a buffet so I could really care less about how it tasted as long as I ate enough to keep me full till dinner!

We went past the Mini Zoo again and met these...

0201

There were feeling slightly more friendly but I think that's because there was food.

We made our way to kayak and it was damn fun. I really love the work out that it gave me and not only that, the view was awesome. I went really close to these expensive-looking villas. I think I'm not too bad at paddling having had a bit of experience in it. I enjoyed myself tremendously. It would be great to wake up every morning to kayak... park myself in the middle of the ocean and look at the sky...

0202

We rewarded ourselves with a drink from the Pool Bar. I know that it's purely out of novelty but we grabbed a drink from there every day afterwards! The staff was really friendly, especially this guy called Budy. He was exceptionally nice to us and our drinks were delicious. At $8 a drink you'd expect it to be good though!

We went out to the beach and collected a couple of shells as well. Despite the clear waters I'm not very good at spotting the good stuff!

We went back to our Cabana room to wash up and wanted to make our way to the Dino Restaurant at Nirwana Gardens. We're a bit boring and didn't venture out of the resort much but I think they planned it in such a way that it was too good and we'd want to stay and spend all our money there any way!

0203

And the epic sunset... wow. Everything took my breath away, from the skies to the textured patterns on the sand left behind by the low tide.

0204

It left both of us speechless and we just stood there, staring and admiring its beauty. It's hard to describe with words but it was just really relaxing and it made it hard to think of anything else. Overwhelming... the feeling of being there in the moment was just overwhelming.

We had our $80 dinner at The Dino Restaurant, which overloooked the inifinity pool and the rest of the hotel. We also managed to catch a glimpse of the sea from where we were seated.

0205

0206

The food was top-notch and the ambience even more so. There were performances, hearty laughter, soft conversation and an even softer breeze coming from the sea... I could have saved up all that money, but to me, that was all my happiness encapsulated in that very moment... Chilling out and going all out to enjoy myself.

It was interrupted by some other tourists from that country who demanded to be seated out in the balcony. They gave the staff a hard time which we thought was abslutely disgusting since they were really nice to us. The appalling behavior didn't go unnoticed by the other patrons but they were oblivious to the attention around them. It didn't exactly spoil my evening as it made good bitching fodder.

We walked back and went back to our own little corner of beach at the Nirwana Beach Club, laid on the platform, and looked at the stars. Now I know why the song goes "Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are.". Scientifically they are balls of fire undergoing combustion. However we see them for more than what they really are, mysterious lights in the sky, hinting at life and activity from further than we can understand, evoking all the myths and lengends that pay homage to them in some way.

We even saw the moon get bigger and bigger and set beyond the sea.

And as we looked deeper into the sky we saw more and more stars, appearing and disappearing, enthralled like a fairytale promising an everlasting ending.

01

1 comment:

Nicky said...

Nice scenery