Thursday, February 18, 2010

Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief

w01

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief was entertaining with a strong cast to boot. However there isn't much beyond the modern take on Greek mythology and entertaining special effects. I haven't read any of the books before so I went in without any expectations.

I laughed inside when I saw Kevin McKidd playing Poseidon. He's really cool and all but he will still be Dr Owen Hunt of Grey's Anatomy to me. Pierce Brosnan would've reminded me of 007 but he's become unrecognisably fat.

Essentially it is still one for the kids. It's light-hearted entertainment. Kind of like getting drunk. Go in and expect to have fun, relive your childhood and then not really being able to remember what it was all about the next day.

01

No comments: