Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Working on Work

I read yesterday that you're never as good or as bad as you think you are in your work. It's always a sine curve of ups and downs and you're usually somewhere in the middle. Unfortunately we don't always think like that and sometimes we're more emotional than we'd like to be.

I know I'm more emotional than I need to be.

So I've acted like quite the bimbo today. And then I also made a mistake that I wanted to slap myself for. Sure, it was tentative and not confirmed, but I should've prepared for it. But I didn't. So I can't wait to go to work tomorrow. So I can make it good.

It's easy to get frustrated but I think focus is the key. I just need to focus on the solution, on coming up with solutions, suggesting the solution, executing the solution. I used to find excuses or push the blame. But when it comes to work, if it doesn't work, you're supposed to make it work! Regardless! So no matter if the factors are internal or external, I've got to take it in my stride. I don't think any boss appreciates being told of the difficulties and problems and not having any solutions.

Thankfully nobody's pointing fingers yet. The easiest way to make a problem go away, is to solve it.

No comments: