Monday, September 19, 2011

As Fast As I Can

Took a different running route today. Didn't even plan to run, just felt that I had to.

It was refreshing, possibly more so because it was new and spontaneous. I ran past the Sport School and beside the express way. Up the slope, down the hill. I haven't had terrain like this since I was in the army! One foot in front of the other, on and on. It's a longer distance than I usually conquer too. The route was amazing... just enough light, smoky, mysterious, romantic, atmospheric. It was quite deserted too. Even took a few wrong turns to where there were no paths, and had to cross the fields.

Was absolutely drenched at the end of it all, with blood pumping furiously through every vessel, to every muscle. I just felt amazingly awake and so alive. Alone and alive.

And free.

No comments: