Sunday, September 11, 2011

Do It All Again

Another weekend passed and as with every weekend, I'm doing something I've never done before.

I was the emcee for Mak's wedding. The feeling was amazing, knowing that I contributed in some special way to his big day. I was a bit overwhelmed by emotion during his second march-in... I don't know what came over me but I was just very happy for him. In the morning when he had to fetch his bride, he had to read 10 commandments and he did so with great sincerity, something that moved me greatly.

Watched Glee 3D with the gang and a special guest. Hopefully this guest has a place in gatherings to come. I'm not too fond of 3D. It does nothing for me. The experience of being immersed in a film doesn't really come from technology. It all boils down to basics and I'm not a fan of the glasses too. It was something I wouldn't have watched if not for the gang... the shared experiences - the laughing, the singing, the clapping, the leering, the perving - was what made it more fun than it would've been.

The coming weeks will no doubt be the peak of the year. It gains momentum in September very often, just after shifu's birthday. I don't know if it's coincidental, but last year I fondly remember those parties, my own birthday, Halloween, more birthdays, Zoukout, Christmas and then New Year!

It's only going to get more insane from here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wear your seatbelts... :)

weetz

Anonymous said...

i always get emo during weddings!

yes this guest must definitely appear more often!

leering and pervy friends are the best!

shifu

jason kyh said...

weetz> haha yes and holding on tight!

shifu> THIS GUEST some more! =P