Tuesday, May 17, 2016

That time when I was a shirtless window cleaner

Late last year I was coerced bribed persuaded made to do a photoshoot where I had to be a shirtless window cleaner.

So I obliged.



Rehearsing for the real thing.

I was awkward, stiff. I've never cleaned a window before. And it's not like there was a window for me to clean. There's this horrible video of me swinging by entire body from left to right so that I wouldn't look like a block of wood. It'd make a great gif if I knew how to make gifs. But I think that embarrassment needs to be locked away permanently. Until I can get over the trauma. I think. Which might be never.

The coercer was clearer very amused with her brilliant idea:


I was a bit less amused.

So the project took a long while in gestation and it finally came out a month or so ago. I'm only writing about it now because I'm lazy but...!

The reason I was up for it, because it was an amazing opportunity to be part of this amazing project: The Canon_Instazoom Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/canon_instazoom/ 


To show off Canon's powerful zoom, they used to tag feature to allow you to zoom into the picture on Instagram.

(insert collective gasp here)


So tapping downtown_chinatown for example, brings you to:


And you can get even closer:



In all, there are 24 hilarious scenarios. Some of my favourite include kimye (Kim K and Kanye), the mermaid on a roof and a troop of zombies. Needless to say, I was massively entertained.

Tag me if you found me.

Happy hunting!

---

Edit: Here it is anyway -

No comments: