Saturday, June 25, 2005

Britney Spears - Someday ( I Will Understand )



Nothing seems to be the way
That it used to
Everything seems shallow
God give me truth
In me
Tell me somebody's watching
Over me
And that is all is that I'm praying is

Someday
I will understand


If there was a song I ever felt was food for the soul, this is it. With lyrics that can be interpreted in a multitude of ways in such a way that I sometimes feel that I can't relate to the song, it is also where the beauty of the song radiates through. You'd be able to find the meaning of the song through your own interpretation of the lyrics. Britney said she wrote it about womanhood and having a baby, and it somehow was a 'prophecy' because she wrote it before she found out she was pregnant.

Her vocals in this song are unique compared to what she's done before. The feeling and emotions are expressed so strongly in her voice and with the simple backing music to accompany it, the song seeps to invade one's conscious pretty effortlessly. The honesty from this song shines through and you get the feeling that you're listening to more than just a pop song.

Listen to it... and get lost in the song...

Here's the link to the full version of the song. Enjoy!

http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0HNEC37E2SYG03VTG6GPQG0Q82

No comments: