Wednesday, January 10, 2007

JKYH Top 20 (One)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

01. What Goes Around (Comes Around) - Justin Timberlake *
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
02. Say It Right - Nelly Furtado
03. Love You So - Natalie
04. Patience - Take That
05. Beware of the Dog - Jamelia
06. It Ends Tonight - All-American Rejects
07. Knights of Cydonia - Muse
08. Smack That - Akon ft Eminem
09. Can't Catch Tomorrow - Lostprophets
10. Bones - The Killers
11. I Wanna Fuck You - Akon
12. Lovelight - Robbie Williams
13. Land of a Thousand Words - Scissor Sisters
14. Break It Off - Sean Paul ft Rihanna
15. Fill My Little World/Never Be Lonely - Feeling
16. Tell Me - P.Diddy ft Christina Aguilera
17. Irreplaceable - Beyonce
18. All Good Things (Come to an End) - Nelly Furtado
19. I Think We're Alone Now - Girls Aloud
20. This Ain't A Scene, It's An Armsrace - Fallout Boy

Knowing me, the big Justin Timberlake fan, it probably doesn't surprise anyone that the new year kicks off with the third single from FutureSex/Lovesounds - What Goes Around (Comes Around). I believe that most would have already heard the single version, but if you haven't got the album version, you'll be missing out on a huge chunk of the song. In my opinion, the most intense part is when JT dishes out sweet revenge and proclaims that, "And now you want somebody, to cure the lonely nights. You wish you had somebody that could come and make it right. But girl I ain't somebody, I'm out of sympathy. See. What goes around comes around." Brilliant stuff. The man has also kicked off his tour title FutureSex/LoveShow and I'll be getting the pictures as they come in. I wonder if he'll do an Asian tour. I'd fly out to see him!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

With an album that's full of potential singles, it's no surprise that Nelly Furtado stakes claim on not one, but two positions on the Top 20. At #2 is Say It Right, which I believe to be as brilliant as its predecessors Maneater and Promiscuous. It's simple yet arresting. It certainly helps that it has a wicked beat, and team that up with Nelly's soulful vocals - you get a hit. At #19 is the current single in the UK, All Good Things (Come To An End). It is co-written by Coldplay's frontman Chris Martin, and I must say it's a really addictive tune. It sounds like it belongs to the soundtrack of The OC. Haunting... and sweet.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'd like to think I'm at the forefront of pop, so it's lovely when people come along and surprise me with a track that's brilliant, and that I'm blatantly unaware of. I guess the reason she wasn't on my radar was because she performed poorly in the charts, with her album not getting a placing on the Billboard 200 (even K-Fed made #151!). Her first single What You Gonna Do was pulled after a few radio adds, and this is her second single, which didn't chart either. However, if you're still into bubblegum pop with a mean beat, Love You So is a song that'll get you on the first listen. I was introduced to it by a sixteen year old... so... But I don't believe credibility comes with age, so I'm just kidding.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Last artist I'm going to feature this week is Muse. They are performing in Singapore on the 16th at Fort Canning, which is next Tuesday! I love their music but I haven't listened to the album and neither have I found the cash to attend their concert! If you do, I demand a writeup on it! Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole were two of my favourite songs from last year. This week's #7 is Knights of Cydonia, a bloody long 6 minute track that features the music of guitars that sound like galloping of horses. It's refreshing to hear.

And the new hits that'll be making a showing in the coming weeks are Ghosts - Musical Chairs, Jarvis - Don't Let Him Waste Your Time, Eric Prydz - Proper Education, Jet - Rip It Up, U2 - Window in the Skies, McFly - Sorry's Not Good Enough and Evanescence - Lithium.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: