Sunday, December 19, 2010

Admission

I've got to admit, after travelling around Singapore for the entire week, there are some things I am grateful for.

1. Weather
Despite complaining that it is too hot, it rains too much, it often sucks etc. it's been a pretty good weather week. We've experienced cool winds, cloudy skies, shy drizzles and sunshine. We could of course still complain that it is good but far from perfect but compare this to the blizzards that are happening in Europe that are keeping planes on the ground, I am happy for our temperamental tropical weather.

2. Transport
Sometimes the air-con is not powerful enough. Most of the times it is too crowded. When I wait for more than 4 minutes I would like to grab an SMRT staff, shake them violently and deliver my classic line, "What fuckery is this?!" But ok we've gone from having only the green line and the red line to having NEL and the Circle Line. Didn't use to have stops at Lorong Chuan, at Harbourfront, at Promenade. It's now convenient to get to NYJC, Sentosa, The Singapore Flyer. So fun!

3. Safety
Sometimes we leave our stuff unattended. Most of the time we walk home after midnight, from the MRT to my house. It seems late, but the roads aren't deserted. There're towering HDBs with thousands of inhabitants. You know you're not alone. The pavement's brightly lit... It just feels safe. Strange, but true.

4. Food
Is so powerful. I have no words. Fantastic. So many types. So much variety. Nom nom nom.

01

No comments: