Thursday, February 02, 2012

Fighting Fit

I'm the fittest I've ever been since I ORD-ed.

I haven't tested it out. I'm sure my results would be the same if I were to take my IPPT. But I feel stronger. It wasn't the same as when I went to the gym for a year. I did grow in size then, although not noticeably. And I don't think I'll never step into the gym again.

It's just that now, I'm more interested in making a fitness a lifestyle. Pumping iron in an air-conditioned environment doesn't appeal to me that much any more. I'd rather be outdoors. I enjoy running because of the cardio effects - I always feel more pumped up after a run. Really deep breathing, a clear mind, the pulse of my heartbeat in my veins. I enjoy doing some small static exercises after that - chin-ups, push-ups, crunches. Going back to basics, being more functional, more agile and training my body to handle its own weight.

So yes, my fitness is the best the best that its been in years. I've been more consistent in my exercise sessions. I've been consistently pushing myself.

And as for my physique, that's still questionable. Youth is a miracle drug, something you can't get back. But with that comes a bit of maturity, knowing that how I look is not as important as the fact that I'll be able to climb a mountain when I need to.

It's nice being a little old.

No comments: