Thursday, February 02, 2012

Right Direction

January kicked off 2012 beautifully. I didn't make hardcore resolutions to follow, but I made a couple of mental notes. I wanted to relax more. I wanted to exercise more. I wanted to focus on my work. I wanted to keep in close contact with my friends. I wanted to be a better person. I wanted to go on adventures. I wanted to be more spontaneous. I wanted to be happy.

And in general, I think I've got all of that locked down. New aspirations guided the formation of new habits. The new focus on new goals excited me. Being surrounded by inspiring people is quite exciting. Being surrounded by so much love from friends and family alike - amazing.

This is going to be a year of adventure and discovery. I've always wanted to do that, but this time I'm going to put my money and my time where my mouth is.

I've also done more reading, weaned away from reading about fashion to the environment, to things going on around in the world. The packaging is good but I've got to take in one step further and have depth. What do I stand for?

Music, exercise and nature are the three big themes this year. Haven't been too big on the music front, but I'll catch up when the music industry wakes up from its snooze-fest. Exercise - signed up for lots of runs as of now. Urbanathlon, Sun Down and a few U-Sports runs. Nature - just came back from Bintan and there's definitely going to be more, even if it's exploring Singapore.

I'm glad the year started off well. A good direction set in place for the rest of the year.

No comments: