Thursday, April 26, 2007

1 Week More

Well, it's probably old news by now that I'd be leaving Sony this Sunday. What you may not know is that I received a job offer by Samuel to take over him while he settles into his Uni life. It's an office job at Paya Lebar, which will probably take me slightly more than an hour to get there from where I live. My main reasons for making the change are that they're giving me Tuesday off, my ankle's hurting so I can't stand for that long any more, the pay's higher, I want to try something new and I'd have my weekends free. Some reasons are probably more legitimate than others but it kills me to not be able to run when I want to because my legs ache like mad the moment I'm home. I'd like to go for something that has my shoulders and back aching instead. Not a pretty good trade off... but yeah.

Okay, this just came in. I don't know when I'm starting on the new job. It was supposed to be next Thursday. Oh well, I'm cool. A bit more time for me to bum around a guess.

I met up with Guo Fei and Samuel recently. We had a meal at Raffles City and chatted at Starbucks for quite awhile. A small gathering between good friends. I don't mind having a big one though, and I'm thinking of planning things, but relationships between people are... complicated. I mean, I could probably get everyone together, but I'm sure as hell that I won't be inviting you-know-who. And it just happens that everyone has someone that they dislike, or hate. I agree with Daniel - once you're out of there you're not obligated to see people you don't want to. So I'm sparing myself the pain.

I haven't talked about music in a long while, because I've been listening to a weird mix of stuff lately. The album that I can't stop playing on repeat has been Good Charlotte's Good Morning Revival. I know it's strange, totally unlike me, but I think it's brilliant. There's a strange connection between me and Good Charlotte. And I don't even like the genre that much! Maroon 5's Make Me Wonder has been on heavy rotation on MTV and it's shockingly good. Boogie and groove. Woah. Also, songs from the Grey's Anatomy OST are the shizzle. A shoutout to Samuel for alerting me to them. Last of all, I'd like to share a scary fact. I think I actually like Hillary Duff's With Love. Yes, I've lost my all my Dignity (pun intended. Is title of album.) by admitting I actually like this shit. The urgent beeping just drives me crazy. It sounds a bit like Lindsay Lohan's Rumours, and something Britney might actually have on her album. Britney Spears, come up with a new album already! I've been forced to like some wannabe trying desperately to act sexy in her vid and sound like you, in your freaking absence.

Whose fault is that, if not yours?

If you're wondering whether Brit even looks fit for the job (I've had it with people saying that she's never gonna get her body back), take a look here. Enough said.

Ooh, and did I mention Lindsay Lohan? Yeah, she's got a half-fucked career in music and movies but she's terrific. For something like this.



They're looking gorgeous.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: