Saturday, May 20, 2006

Random Nightmare

I was in my bunk, teaching 4 guys harmonica. They're from my platoon alright. I've got my team members, 2 of them are buddies, and one is a very good friend of the other. Go figure (I think that's pretty easy.) Anyway, after that for some reason I got really angry. I can't even remember the situation. Then one of Britney's songs remixed popped up on radio. I believe it was Touch of My Hand. I started trashing the cupboards, punching and overturning everything in sight. It was really violent. And I was angry. As the intensity of that emotion escalated, I was shocked awake.

For some very weird reason I know that this has got to do with some pent-up frustration that I haven't let out. I didn't know that I could be that angry. I'm not a person who usually blows his top. In fact, I don't really remember doing it (except for one really embarrassing moment in camp, but I'll leave that for another time).

I know I was on off on Wednesday, but when I went back for 2 more days, it felt as if it was a week! Luckily I have off on the coming Monday for Basic Theory Test. I haven't even started studying it yet! I really hope I pass the silly thing!

Yesterday I did something that made me really happy, because making someone else happy makes me happy. Did a rather torturous route march (mask and helmet = headache), followed by a mask run. I ran together with Shawn and it was a really breathtaking (literally) 10 minutes. When we reached the finishing line and took off our masks, we were smiling insanely at each other, with the feeling that we've kind of been to hell and back. Relieved. Accomplished. And he said something nice.

Which makes me realise that personal victory, without someone to share it with, is meaningless. Taking a step back and making things happen with a friend, and achieveing the goal together increases the satisfaction a hundred-fold.

Haven't felt that way for a really long time.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: