Monday, May 21, 2007

New Direction

I was so bored the whole of yesterday that I spent it surfing friendster.com and blog hopping. It's not something I'm proud of. In fact at the end of everything I felt hollow and empty. I wasted the entire day doing nothing productive. It irks me when I realise that the day wasn't special for any reason. I try hard to live each day like I'm going to die tomorrow, or at least I try!

I'm becoming so superificial it's disgusting I mean, that's what you see on friendster isn't it? Just someone's face, a few words of description and you try to guess the person's personality. Worst of all, what really attracts me to checking out someone's blog/frienster is to see how people live their lives, glamorously. I'm attracted to all the partying, drinking, having-a-good-time-without-a-care-in-the-world kind of behavior. Expensive clothes and gorgeous company. Basically, a decadent lifestyle.

After spending an entire day, probably about 8 hours indulging in a daydream, a fantasy, by surfing the net, it suddenly struck me that I'm being an absolute idiot. The things that I've known since young are the truths that I should stand by. Things like inner beauty and being thrifty got thrown to the back of my mind upon stepping out into society.

Well, it's not as if I'm keen on returning to become some social outcast. I suppose it's a matter of balance. Then again, everything is. There really are more important things to be concerned about though. The people in your life to make it worth living. Mother Nature, being harmed by our reckless actions. I know that sounded cheesy but I was always a big fan of Captain Planet and I used to think about such issues most of the time when I was young. Now I just wonder if I should get a get that top from River Island, or buy the latest CD by Good Charlotte. Apparently, I haven't changed for the better.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that at the end of the day, all the materialistic stuff, all the glitz and glamour, are not real and are actually worthless. Because the most valuable things cannot be bought with money.

I know that this blog has seen a greater share of me having a good time than actually reflecting on real issues that concern myself and those around me. It's time for that to change, and I hope that it'll be a step in the right direction and that I can make a difference.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 comments:

weetzdom tooth said...

so... you giving away your levis shirt ah? hahaha :)

what's your friendster? bet you can find mine.

jason kyh said...

yeah... it seems that that shirt is like the the thing that everyone remembers the most from recent entry, and was what came to mind when I was writing the entry.

Yeah, I found yours! But couldn't add you tho'!

weetzdom tooth said...

cannot find yours leh haha...

strange, how come could not add me ? try again :)