Thursday, April 03, 2008

Running Out Of Steam

This week is a rather crazy week. Okay so I blame myself for not keeping up with my work and thus having to rush to keep up with the deadlines this week. It's an enormous pain, but there were somethings I enjoyed doing.

I have been putting my portfolio for playwriting together for the entire week. It took a lot of effot to get stuff written and to compile them together. I had a crazy time doing journals for the past 8 lessons. Actually it's not so much of a fact that I want to do well. FOr this subject I really feel that I have been on a journey and it's one that deserves writing about. It's an experience worth writing about. I gained confidence in speaking, in acting, in myself and I had a chance to work with fantastic people. I also found that bit of creative spark return to me in terms of writing. It's brilliant really. It is what I think lessons should be like. You feel a sense of growth. There's progression. I'd even like to compare it to a play... where the main character changes in some way at the end after he faces an obstacle. I feel that I've gained a lot of experience in theatre. I've gained new ways of looking at things. Most important of all, going through the module would've made a decent play!

I've also been doing crazy projects and trying to catch up with all sorts of stuff. I'm quite lost in Comms Research and Information Literacy. These are the two subjects that are causing me quite a bit of pain. I'm cool with Comms Research because there's a textbook. However now we're onto stats and the most frustrating thing is that ARMY ruined my academic mind. I've totally forgotten variables, sampling whatnots, significant difference, 2-tailed tests, T-tests and everything in between. It's fucking furstrating because all of them look familiar to me but I just don't have a clue what it's about. It's like having a light case of amnesia. It's retarded. I look at these terms like they're old friends but I have no freaking idea who they are and end up smiling patronisingly at them. It's fucking frustrating and I'm very pissed off.

There's quiz next week.

And the exams are in two weeks.

I stayed up till about 4AM yesterday doing 202. Jie Yu was fantastic to have driven down with Chieh to give me bachormee. It was heavenly! And it kept me awake. More than that. It kept my mind working and I didn't collapse on the benches at the North Spine (which suck by the way). I really, really appreciate it! Words can't describe the feeling. Anyway, I'm looking forward to our Phuket trip after the exams!

CS Senior Camp peeps are so going to murder me.
01

No comments: