Friday, April 11, 2008

Career Direction?

I regret the fact that I hadn't written more and I could've been more vocal in class. But lesson today was good. It's the last lesson for playwriting and I can say that it has changed my life. I don't think I could say that about any module that I've taken really.

I'll miss everybody. Especially all the seniors because I've gained a lot just by being in their presence, although they weren't always around! I've learned from my peers who were fantastic and put their work out there for presentation and critique. It's really inspiring. And Michael, for giving me the first A that I've ever gotten in NTU.

Of course it is much more than that but I think I've said so much about this module that I'd only be repeating myself. The most important thing is that it has gotten me to sit down and do some real, solid writing. And I do love writing. It's also gotten me to think about my life. I've never had a chance to look back at the past in awe of all the experiences I have been through. They are what's in my treasure trove for writing. I've also discovered truths about myself as a person, which is probably the most valuable thing I've taken away from it all.

It is crazy but I'll be taking the holidays off from doing serious work. Like, getting a paid job. I'll still be teaching tuition. But I think I'll be writing...
01

No comments: