Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Less Tuition

Over the course of this week, 4 out of my 6 students have "graduated" from having tuition with me for the rest of the academic year. I'm most likely only going to continue taking the Sec 2 one to Sec 3 this year.

The feeling of the last lesson is weird. I've gone through so much with them. But Somehow I'm just a bit less enthusiastic. It could probably be the fact that I'm drowning in school work. But nonetheless tuition is a job I enjoy because I manage to do it for hours on end. Today I had 4 kids from 2PM till 930PM, just because they are having PSLE Maths tomorrow!

I'm quite relieved. Now for once my weekend is free and isn't blocked off with hours of continuous teaching. I need this break. But during this time I'll have even less money to spend. It's quite a shitty situation. I work because of the financial security and the fact that I wouldn't have to rely on my parents.

Guess I'll just have to cut down on my spending.

School's getting exciting because of the projects that I feel passionately for. My electives are really horrible and I'll just have to SU one of them. I'm thankful for the friends I'm working with especially Ness, Ros, Qiqi and Nessie. I'm just grateful they understand when I can't be there for work, but this semester I really tried my very hardest! I'm just really lucky to have them looking out for me.

There's so much going on in my head. But with less tuition, hopefully I'll be able to cope better with life and school. And getting the internship I want as well!

01

No comments: