Friday, July 30, 2010

Patong Beach

Patong beach is quite a sight. I think it wasn't the peak holiday period so there weren't that many beach revelers which suited me just fine! There were enough to people watch though, most unforgettably this pair of European dudes, one in a tiny speedo and another in a daring red thong.

There were tonnes of water sports, from parasailing to jet-skiing. However we were more preoccupied with camwhoring!

I loved the sight of the sand and the open sea. The Thais bugged us till we were willing to pay for deck chairs, which weren't particularly expensive either. Many would them come hawk there wares. We got temporary tattoos, fried chicken for lunch and deliciously sweet green fruit whose name suddenly slipped my mind.

It was cloudy, but we were a tad sunburned after hanging out for 4 hours or so. There were a couple of annoying bees that fought for our Pepsi and 7 Up. The girls were a bit freaked out but I was quite okay with sharing my drinks with the insects - as long as they weren't in them when I took a gulp!

e01

e02

e03

t04

e04

e05

e06

e07

e08

e09

e10

e11

e12

e13

e14

e15

e16

We made our way back to Burasari for a dip. I don't know why we didn't go into the sea though. Possibly because we were afraid of jet-skis.

e17

e18

t03

e19

e20

We had dinner at this row of roadside stalls behind this mega-shopping center. I was really surprised because I had never seen so many stalls in one place. There was a narrow lane, only large for 2, at most 3 very skinny people to walk through at one time. There were stalls on our left and right selling all sorts of tantalising food. Most of them looked rather appetising - it was especially hard to resist the fried pork (san chen rou) and chicken wings. There was also this stall which sold instant noodles, but with fresh ingredients like seafood and chicken. It tasted awesome but be forewarned - it is mad spicy. I would advise anyone to ask the auntie to drop it a few notches. The ice tea was great too!

e21

e22

e23

t01

t02

01

No comments: