Thursday, April 07, 2011

First Extraction

I was waiting nervously until my friend sms-ed me three scenarios for me to fantasize during the tooth extraction.

It was the strangest experience. I've never been under anesthesia before. I've heard of the long needles and the funny feeling of your teeth being removed, but you aren't able to really feel it. I was really apprehensive, but it went smoothly. I spent the next couple of hours with gauze in my mouth. (Of course, I changed it a few times!)

I took the gauze out to have dinner and it was the most wonderful sensation! The tooth that I have always detested seeing in the mirror, the tooth that I've always been so conscious about, on the left of the roof of my mouth, was gone! Every time I opened my mouth wider, or tilted my head higher, I was so uncomfortable that people would see that tooth, that it would be caught on camera. It happened a few times before and every time I saw it, I would cringe.

And now it's gone!

All bad things must be like this offensive tooth - extracted.

01

No comments: