Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Singapore's Summit

w01

I read today that Sitting is Killing You. And thus, I was motivated to get off my butt, away from my computer and up Bukit Timah Hill.

I kid. I already made plans to climb to Singapore's summit before reading that article, but it makes so much sense. We weren't made to sit down for long hours at a time and not even spurts of exercise changes that fact! (I hit the gym in the morning too.) I hope all the small things add up - walking, not sitting while on the train, extended periods of outdoors like these...

I underestimated the climb to the top. And it amazed me when I saw an elderly couple make their through the trails. I think they'll live to a hundred!

My legs. They are killing me. I hadn't exercised much during Feb and Mar and now I'm paying for it!

I'm going to indulge in this lifestyle - freedom and the great outdoors - for awhile before I start working. Then it'll be a whole different ball game.

No comments: