Sunday, May 13, 2007

Birthdays

It was a bit of a rush to attend two birthday parties in a single day but thanks to my friends being understanding and people providing transport, it made all the travelling more bearable. I was drenched in my own sweat more than once during the day.

I stopped over at Mitchell's place first and was greeted warmly by the hostess herself. It was kind of weird because I haven't seen her in four years already but she hasn't changed much. And the rest of my female classmates don't look very different either. Strangely (or not) enough, I was the only guy from my Secondary School class to be invited, probably because I was the only one close enough to her. I sat beside her in class for two years. It was a little strange initially because I haven't seen them all in a very very long time, but I was pretty comfortable around them, seeing how I was always closer to them than any of the guys in the class. In fact, I'm not in contact with any of them now.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The food was pretty good, and I enjoyed catching up with all of them again. Of course I didn't know that they were already at her house since 3PM (and I was supposed to have tuition at 5) and I really got a lot of crap for coming late. What was worse was that I was going to leave early.

I got to finish a can of beer. I'm never good at beers and there was once where I felt really unwell after drinking one can of Tiger in camp, when I've drank stuff with much higher alcohol content. So I poured a little bit into the cups of the girls sitting at my table. There was a big fuss of me not being gentlemanly, which I retorted by saying I have no image of myself to uphold in front of them!

It's hard to be close to everyone all of the time. But that's another entry for another time.

Wei Jie was nice enough to drive to Khatib MRT station with Ming Boon and the Mahjong table that we got for Jie Yu as his birthday present. Wee Lee met him there and I kind of got lost looking for them, but managed to in the end with a lot of directions from Wee Lee. I don't know if it was due to the humidity or the mild sun burn from the morning's run, but I was once again sweating like a pig. Ming Boon had some Mothers' Day celebration going on, so Wei Jie dropped her off somewhere in Yishun and we headed for Jie Yu's place.

There was a bit of commotion as we brought in the table.

Wee Lee and I stuffed ourselves with food. For me the highlight was the drink. I absolutely love Rose Syrup. It gives me a sugar rush just like drinking Coke does, except without the bubbly. I must admit that I wasn't feeling too sociable but it was entertaining enough just to listen about Wee Lee's recent escapades.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yeah, and soon enough it was time for the cake-cutting ceremony. Probably couldn't imagine a birthday party without it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I forgot to ask him how that crown came about! Haha... It's kinda cool because I've only ever seen tiaras on girls before, and this is a refreshing change! Anyway, it was rather overwhelming when everyone started singing the birthday song, which was kickstarted by his gf Chieh. The accompanying cupcakes beside the main one were made by her too.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And then Jie Yu had a bit of an emo moment when he was making his speech. A moment like this makes the whole thing special. And iconic. The words he said were pretty normal. It was the way he said it, like he meant every word, that got everyone's attention.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

But after all of that he was still cool enough to smile for the camera. That was followed by a lot of photo taking, with his family, with the Student Council, with his VS friends and of course, with his classmates.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Us.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After gorging myself on all the sweet stuff, we went down to his room to play some games. I must say Yong Xiang is pretty much the opposite of me, and he really knows how to make everyone feel... a part of the group. Anyway, my favourite game's what is now popularly known as the Pirates of the Carribean game, that involves dices and a good forfeit.

Baileys was good.

I left at 11PM, much the host's disappointment and there were a couple of times on the way back that I felt the urge to go back, but yeah... I was safe and sound at home by 12 and caught Good Charlotte Live in KL. They were brill!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

weetzdom tooth said...

Good Charlotte Live in KL? on MTV ah? :)

jason kyh said...

haha.. yeah lar, on MTV! I couldn't possbily have gone up to KL could I?