Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Courtesy - The Safer Policy

If you're taking public transport, you must surely understand how I feel when I say that it's very irritating to have people standing at the door and waiting to squeeze into the train when you're trying to make your way out.

I remember how a friend of mine dealt with the situation. He pretended to answer his phone, oblivious to whoever was in front of him. The second the doors opened, the aunty blocking his way had the honour of getting elbowed in the shoulder. She gasped in pain. Okay, so maybe I should feel a bit of pity for her because of her age, but then again, she knows better to block the exit for people trying to alight from the train.

It's common sense anyway.

The experience related to me was embedded deeply in my mind, so much that everytime I see someone blocking my way, I have the urge to do the same thing. Recently my patience ran thin and I actually rushed out of the train and gave the person blocking me a hard shove. And I'm usually not this mean but it felt good.

Of course I could very possibly be charged for causing bodily harm, but till then, get out of my way.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

weetzdom tooth said...

venom! haha