Sunday, February 05, 2006

Chinese New Year - Chu Liu & Chu Qi

I haven't been updating the past few days because of the utter madness of the course. It's stressful and all that shite. I'll write more on it when I have the time. My IE just decided to give me an error just when I finished typing all on it!

After booking out on Friday, I went back home before going to Mr Cheng's house. It was a very long bus ride to Bedok. I have no freaking idea why it took that long, but it was probably because it was rush hour. Anyway, I reached Bedok at 8, which was half an hour later than the time we planned. But they came at around roughly the same time. I had dinner at home already, so I went with Yu Ting to buy drinks while they went to get KFC takeaway.

It's been a long time since I've been to Mr Cheng's house that I totally forgot the way. They started eating while I went to bai nian to Mr Cheng and returned him the 400 bucks that I owed him! It's great to feel that the burden has been relieved. It wasn't totally saved up by me, so I'd still have to return money to my parents now. Anyway we watched TV (which was fab because all of a sudden I'm addicted to the new HK serial about lawyers) before playing some random card games. We actually started playing Blackjack without money, and then tried to play other more interesting games. In the end though, the only game that could involve all of us was Blackjack and we started gambling! Haha, my luck wasn't too good at the beginning so I betted lesser, which was the wrong choice. I won 50 cents in the end!

We decided that it was time to go and took a few group photos.


This one being the best of them all. Bing Xiang, Anthony and I shared a cab home. I think we only do this like once every year! During the rather long ride, we had a chat about more army stuff again. Also, we thought of having another Rigel gathering sometime when Anthony returned from India, this time to Sentosa. He'd also be gathering info for our little trip to Genting this end of year!

Yesterday, I had to go back to camp for jeep course. I just cannot understand why there's stuff on a Saturday. And another very stressful driving lesson.

I came back home and prepared to meet Si Hua and Sequeena. We were going to go each others' house for visiting. We started off at Su Hua's house which was in Sembawang. Sad to say that I got there late, because I was a bit busy burning the CDs of photos for them and preparing to go out. I always underestimate the time I need to get out of the house!


We went to her place and exchanged greetings with her very-friendly-parents. Did I mention that the ang bao (and the one given by Sequeena's parents) was quite big too? I never get to keep more than 10% of my ang bao money, so forgive me for being so excited. I've only OPENED 3 this year. From Ming Boon's parents', Si Hua and Sequeena. BOO. Anyway, Si Hua's Dad even cooked a meal for us. And it tasted really good. We were quite grateful for their hospitality. Delighted in fact.


We went to take a look around her house and took photos in her room and her sister's room. Her sister was nice enough to take photos for us, so we were lucky to have a couple of studio-looking shots at her house! I haven't been there in about two years and it has been renovated with sofas and everything. Totally different from what I remembered.


After that we had a helluva time playing this game called Simpsons' Road Rage or something on PS. It was a no-brainer, but highly thrilling and creative game. It involves many missions such as trying to find back lost items in a given time, crashing and trying to break down someone else's vehicle before he reaches a power plant, and helping Lisa deliver her homework to school before the principal arrives.


Hilarious and highly entertaining, it was what caused us to leave late for my house. Not that there was much to do at my place! We took 962 and there was no one at home. It was kind of embarrassing that my parents didn't leave any ang bao for them. Anyway, they took a quick look around my place and we put the CD (which I burned for them) into the DVD player and viewed all the photos we took during the past year. Brought back a lot of funny memories.


After that we took a couple of photos, and we had to use timer to take all of us together because even though my brother reached home. He was busy being obsessed with his game. I also gave them a special viewing of Jay's Huo Yuan Chia video! Haha... We then waited a bloody long time for an SMRT cab (because we had some voucher), but gave up eventually and took another cab to Simei!


We got to meet our all time favourite pet - Xiao Bai! He was quite jumpy and excited to see us (okay, maybe just Sequeena) at the beginning but after that he calmed down and SI Hua and I were less afraid of it. We haven't exactly been around animals all our lives (except fishes). We got to eat some very good Ba Gua there, and also saw our photos from prom and and others, from the year of 2002. It was kind of shocking to see how much we've grown. There were quite a few photos which we wanted to burn away and not let anyone see because if they did, we'd die of embarrassment.

Sequeena then shared with us her photos from her recent Thailand trip and of course, a bit more about Jimmy. After that we took a few photos in her parents' room and her room!


We also dug out a little something which we wrote in the past and it got my laughing like mad when I read it out loud. I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time. Reading it was like taking a step back to the past... It's amazing how we managed to capture our hopes and dreams and thoughts of that time in mere words.

Both her parents' came back and we had the opportunity to wish them a happy CNY. It was also funny how Sequeena's mother came and asked me and Si Hua whether we were (still) dating! When we've never even done it before!

After that I got sleepy and just concussed on the floor. I didn't realise how unconsciously deep in sleep I was until they asked me if I was tired. I can't even remember what they were doing when I was lying on the floor!

Eventually reached home at about 1230AM, for a second time in two days. While I walked home, a sense of dread filled me as I think of how little time I have before going back on course again.

What the fuck.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: