Saturday, February 11, 2006

Sending Angeline to Brisbane

I'm having a grand headache. As such, I'll try to come up with a nice and short entry despite the limitations. Another of which is the fact that my camera did not take many good photos yesterday. So here're some of those which could make it on my blog.


Jie Yu, TWJ and I were rather early yesterday so we went to the Burger King at Terminal 2. I took a hell long time to finish my burger (about 1.5 hours or so) because after about 40 minutes, everyone started coming in. It was bloody cool that all of a sudden, one corner of BK was flooded with 03S10Aians. Yvonne came, and then Jun Qi followed by Si Zhen, Har Har, Puay Leng, David, Ming Boon, Sabrina and Connie. The last to turn up was Wee Lee! I hope I didn't miss anybody out there! Anyway, it was great to see all of them again and we started chatting about tonnes of stuff. Highlights include some Psychology textbook, Economics, Men's Health, me calling David a guy's guy (!!!), and a very cold line by Jun Qi which made us all fall off the chair.

Puay Leng reacted to a situation by saying, "Shou Bu Liao!" meaning, "I can't stand it!" And guess what Jun Qi said? "Shou bu liao jiu qu jian fei zhong xin!" (If you can't slim down then visit a slimming center!)


And this is the effort put in by Ming Boon, with contribution by David using my fantastic idea! Okay, so it isn't very original because lately I've been "sentimental" (to quote Terence), so to create emotional impace, I've been thinking about using graphics, which MBies is so pro at doing. Not forgetting our advisor David, who changed the font of Bon Voyage and also pointed out that TWJ's name was spelt wrongly (which she blatantly left unchanged). Oh yeah, and everyone did their part and wrote a nice message for her. Arhm, it's not worth as much as Tiffany and Co's but it's the thought and effort that counts right!

We sat at BK and chatted till the cows came home and before we knew it, it was 10+ PM already! Being the smart guy that I was, I went to recce and found that she was going in at Rows 7 & 8.


Yeah, see, it says that in the second last line. SIA, Brisbane, SQ255, 07-08.

Thus, I went back and got everyone to troop down to the place. To quote Yvonne, there were many colonies of bacteria people, waiting around there to say their goodbyes to family and friends.

It took quite awhile before Angeline Tan made her grand appearance in front of us. Pek Har presented her with the card on our behalf, as we decided earlier due to the fact that she was our J2 class rep!


Angeline was a bundle of energy as usual, and I suppose it only compounded the level of excitement for her when she dashed around to talk to the people who came (her very own "Amazing Race" to quote David).

We stood there for some time and saw many familiar faces, like people from the council. Her family, primary schoolmates and secondary schoolmates and best friends were there too. Anyway, we took a class photo (what's a gathering without a class photo), by one of her... relatives? who was using an SLK (right Bert?). Of course, we also used my digicam, which was kind of weird. It was as if there was a face-off with the bigger and better camera. Well, the only one that anyone'll get to see for quite awhile...


... is this one! Haha! Though there were other more powerful cameras around (like Jie Yu's LUMIX!), but only when it's taken with my camera that everyone'll get to see the photo ASAP because I bother to upload!

After that when we were about to go, we had a rather hilarious session to say goodbye. All of us stood in a line (kind of like criminals) and told her that we were going off. So she hugged each of us (LOL at Connie trying to get hug in front of her turn!) as we said goodbye and wished her all the best for her studies in Brisbane. She's studying Speech Therapy by the way.


After that we had a photo-taking spree (with tonnes more available on Jie Yu and Jun Qi's camera), and this is one of the guys. We tried desperately to make it not have the classic look of the one we took during Chinese New Year which resulted in other hilarious consequences. I don't know what hand sign I was putting up (it was supposed to be an energetically clutched punch-fist-into-air), but maybe it'll gain popularity and everyone'll start using it before long.

Anyway, with the cam-whoring came a sudden memory of a photo which TWJ and I took in the August of 2004!


Which of course led to a re-enactment of the moment. I think we've both grown and look pretty different in the space of two years.


Or is it just my cheapo camera versus this new one? Anyway, we had Swensons after that, but all the girls left except for Ming Boon and Sabrina. I treated them to an Earthquake (but David and Wee Lee stashed me some money!). The company was great - how we all squeezed together to enjoy our ice-cream. A very unforgottable moment. After that we rushed to take the bus. Sabrina and Jun Qi's bus came first. While waiting for our bus, we tried to sing a bit of Hua Yuan Chia, and failed. Practise! And then Wee Lee and I left in 858. Chatted to him on the bus in my half-asleep state. I was surprised I sounded coherent (to myself at least!), and reached my void deck at about 1250AM! Was so exhausted by the fact that I had to wake up at 515AM to go to camp today.

Anyway, I failed my driving test. *cue sympathetic comments*
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: