Sunday, February 12, 2006

Staying Till Late at Orchard


The three of us met up yesterday just before Zhenhui leaves for Thailand on the 13th. This is my second time typing this entry, so it's going to be shortened. I can't believe my IE failed me!


Anyway, Zhenhui and I met at 530PM as Shuming had to be home to entertain her guests. We took a walk around Orchard Road, raking our brains to find some worthy programme. We checked the Karaoke spots, all of which were bloody expensive. In the end all we did was go shopping at Heeran HMV before going to Cineleisure for dinner.

I had Katsu Don for dinner, because I haven't eaten one in a very long time. I miss the canteen food in 39 a lot! The food I'm currently having in the jeep course falls way below camp's standard. Be it SFI or the canteen. Yes, I'm complaining. Anyway, it tasted very good; almost made me feel as if I was back at 39! Haha... its unique smell and taste really got to me. The first thing I do, when I can, is to go back to camp and enjoy a huge plate of Katsu Mee. So there.

After that we went back to Orchard MRT to wait for Shuming. On the way there, we visited Espirit. Also, Zhenhui shared an incident with me about his convoy movement. There was a bus in front and the whole convoy stopped behind it. Zhenhui thought that they would overtake it and thus signalled right. The vehicle behind decided to follow suit but without waiting for Zhenhui to move off, he overtook! In the end he had to wait for the vehicles which were originally in front of his to overtake until he was back to his original position. It was a hilarious scenario!

When Shuming came, we made a trip down to Paragon as she wanted to buy a present for her friend. It had been a long time since I went there. Once inside, I think she decided the air con was too cold for her and she wrapped a shawl around her.


Both this photo and the one I took with Zhenhui were taken at the Paragon. Anyway, we decided to go walk around some more and went back to the Heeran. The unique shirt I saw at the shop beside 37 degrees is GONE! I will now have to go hunting for it. It's almost impossible to find. Damn. I've decided that if I ever see it, I don't care what colour (except pink) or design it is, as long as I can afford it, I'll buy it. BOO.

Moving on, we had quite a good time looking at clothes and stuff like that. It's been a real long time since I went shopping myself, but recently I've decided to restrict myself a bit. I hope to go overseas twice this year and that'll add up to a costly sum of money. I must save! Haha, on the other hand, the Levi's jeans looked bloody impressive. The shops were all closing and we left to have Coffee Bean instead. That was when we started taking all kinds of weird photos (which are in Shuming's camera, she's going to use it to blackmail me soon. I looked super SILLY.) We also had a chat about what was going on with us recently and how we felt about certain issues. I had Ice Blended Mocha. I never seem to be able to try something new. Ever since my then-best-friend treated me that on my 14th birthday, I've been a Coffee Bean fan, and only of that drink! Haha!

So after finishing our drink, we walked around and had nothing to do. In the end, someone suggested a fabulous idea - midnight movie. We caught Fun With Dick & Jane, which in my opinion wasn't a very fun movie at all. I've never been a big fan of slapstick humour and I thought the movie where Jim Carrey played God was more hilarious. Can't remember the name of that one already. Okay, so Fun With Dick & Jane was pleasant and enjoyable (to the point of blandlessness) but it was nice to see a happy ending in the end.

Although I didn't think highly of the movie, it was still a great way to spend time with friends and to stay out late. We walked toward the 7-11 outside Taka and started taking all sorts of weird photos. These weren't exactly the ones, but it's a rough idea of what we were doing. Faux modelling. Versus mannequins. It's a tough fight because they were headless and able to look so nonchalant about it.


The mood of Orchard Road is very different at 1AM in the morning. It's not crowded, but you still get a sense that it's a place of big business, that it's a place of commerce, riches and class. It's not Causeway Point. The feeling of quiet glamour. Ironic, I know, but that was exactly how it was. Quiet but still speaking volumes about branding, style and status. (Is it just me or do I like to describe things in threes? See commerce, riches and class above.)


It was the fact that there was hardly nobody around that we took photos with all the window displays. And that there was space for us to put the camera and set it on timer to take the trio photo without having to worry about someone running away with the camera, or walking pass and ruining the photo. I bought Pockey and Shuming bought green tea from the 7-11. We sat down at the fountain outside Taka, which looked like a pool of dark, tar-like liquid in its stillness. We continued chatting and chatting, till I saw Kian Wai walking pass with his Odac friends, which was when I also noticed Bing Xiang was also there! Said hi to them (should've bloody taken a photo together) talked to them for a bit. They were on their way to watch a soccer match.

After that we went around looking for a toilet. The paragon's one was closed and we used Cineleisure's instead. It was about 220 AM or so that I caught the bus, and I fell asleep unknowingly. When I woke up, I was already at Marsiling and feared that I had overslept my stop. Luckily, I hadn't!

I only got to bed at about 330AM, and woke up at 8!

Here's a bit of things I'd always tell people whenever they see me in the jacket thing that I was wearing. Yeah, the one in the photos. It looks kind of funny and I used to be more hesitant about wearing it out, but I did it anyway. My mother had it in the box and wanted to throw it out just recently. There was one day where I suddenly was looking for this piece of clothing and asked her for it. Thank goodness that she hadn't thrown it out yet. She's thrown one too many articles of clothing that had sentimental value to me. Including my lower Sec class T. Boo. Anyway, I bought it back when I was in Sec 4 at Sun Plaza's Bossini.

I know it looks like something the papparazzi wears to put extra lenses for their cameras or film. It even looks like something those fisherman would wear too! Yeah, I've heard it all. Anyway.

I thought, when I saw it I knew I had to get it because I was inspired by a certain singer who wore it in his video You Ji Huai...


=P
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: