Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Dirrty Rich

If happiness is riches then I'm feeling filthy today. Filthy rich.

I also have a filthy shirt which I wore to volleyball training laying in the corner. I was only there for about an hour or two and I had the craziest workout, running all over the court and being the setter - a position that up till now has been alien to me. It was nerve-wrecking and exhilarating at the same time.

I was happy. Happy like a dog chasing a bone. Nothing was on my mind because nothing was more important than keeping the ball up in the air. That intense concentration and clarity of mind is hard to come by.

I relish every moment of it.

I'm "half bucket of water" in everything I do. Usually when I start something, I'll try my best to finish it. That's how I got my Grade 8 in piano - sheer hard work. I'm not really talented in anything, at least not that I know of. I don't play the piano any more. With volleyball, I knew I loved it a lot, but I never knew I'd take it this far, that I'd still be playing it now.

Of course it wouldn't have been possible without all the fantastic people who came down, organised it and set up everything. Teh peng, Karyn, See Keng, Wei Yang, Christine and Pedro.

Especially to Ruiqi and Edwin. It still strikes me as inexplicably, unbelievably coincidental that we play volleyball.

And I guess it's just another one of those things that makes 'us' more magical.

01

No comments: