Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just One Chance

o01

I don't know where to start. I'm not in the mood to write something fantastic.
Perhaps just honest.

This week we had 3 volleyball matches. This team was tight. We didn't always perform the best we could but I always felt the chemistry and teamwork and encouragement that went around when we were playing. I felt the pressure to do well but it was coming entirely from myself and not anyone else in the team.

It's also my first time playing as a setter. It an awesome feeling and it was really refreshing and challenging to play out of my comfort zone.

Of the three matches, we won 1 (by walkover so that's 15-0, 15-0 HSS). We would've really liked to play that one because we were really psyched up for it but the last one that we played is etched in my memory as the best game I've ever played. We went from 0-7 to a deuce. 14-14.

But we lost that one. It was a real pity.

It's a great way to kickstart the new semester, heck, the new year! Playing with this great bunch of guys is memorable. The dynamics was really different from last year and I think it worked really well.

I'm super grateful (I think a scroll through this blog will dig up quite a few of these kinds of posts) to everyone in the team. Edwin, Wei Yang, See Keng, Teh Ping, Derek and Joel. Playing was just such a rush.

I've got 2 more years to play for CS. Urgh! 2 more. Only.

I'll make the most of it.

01

No comments: