Monday, January 12, 2009

Xin Fang Ke

Apprehensively, I stepped into the room.

It was unfamiliar. New. Curiosity begged me to stay but I was never a fan of the strange. The smells, the sights, the space... how would I even know if it suit my taste? Maybe it's just a phase to be looking around for something different. I expected a breath of fresh air but instinctively I told myself not to be optimistic.

Fear gained momentum inside. I was an intruder. It's a place where I shouldn't be.

I searched frantically for the the exit.

But logic told me to calm down. There was nothing to be frightened of, nothing really. After awhile, somehow, the room calmed me down. It made me smile. Then it made me laugh. It was a silly, light-hearted kind of laughter. Idiotic even.

I stood there, motionless, for the longest time.


People are like rooms in our heads. A place where we store our interactions, emotions, expectations, character traits... A room full of of the most luxurious furniture. A room empty, stripped and bare. A warm room, a cold room, a room of nightmares or a room full of pleasant dreams.

We enter and exit the lives of those around us all the time - a conscious and unconscious choice.

Good vibes and chemistry are hard to come by. I think I'll be visiting this room for a long time to come.

if you knew my story word for word
had all of my history
would you go along with someone like me


01

No comments: