Saturday, February 28, 2009

Rush Hour

Bride Wars 1/5

Pointless despite two such accomplished actresses. The idea itself was crappy to begin with but how it played out was worse.

He's Just Not That Into You 2/5

Great moments, but on the whole, doesn't flow. Where's my classic Hollywood narrative? Okay, so with the number of characters it has and its attempt at being different, it kind of neglected the basic stuff. It's a pity because I expected more. I love the "interviews" with people in the middle on their takes of relationships. Those were hilarious.

Marley and Me 3/5

Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston acted well. Owen Wilson was super ai yan. I found the part where he feigned happiness at the revelation of the first pregnancy hilarious. The kid, Patrick was really good too.

I was actually rather enticed by the fact that it was the director who did The Devil Wears Prada. Unfortunately, the part just before the climax was really draggy and I didn't know where it was headed. Left a few people in the cinema teary-eyed though. There are parts that I liked but they didn't really add up, so that was a tad frustrating.

Slumdog Millionaire 4/5

The first thing that came to mind was - wah! editing gao gao! The opening sequence was bloody intense. There were three scenes being featured at one time: Jamal when he was a kid, Jamal being beaten up by the police and Jamal on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. It really is the kind of cinematography I like. It's bold, rapid and layered.

01

No comments: