Sunday, September 19, 2010

Excuse My French

Learning French is possibly the most exciting thing that I'm doing this semester. Language is something I take for granted. I don't struggle to express myself. Most of the time the words are out of my mouth before I think it! With learning a new language though, I feel like a baby trying to speak! The accent, the words, the construction... it's all so new, so exciting and so refreshing! It's so different from studying content-based stuff, or doing projects.

It's like my brain is being used in a different way! And language is one of the keys to culture. I was rather excited to see pictures of France and learn about the culture. Of course I could possibly it up in Wiki but it isn't the same as hearing it in French-accented English from my delightful and charming French prof, Sabine.

It is strangely romantic to learn a language. It's like getting to know yourself all over again.

Of course I hope by the end of this module I will be able to say some simple sentences that make sense instead of only, "Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir".

01

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also learned French for one semester at Alliance before :)

weetz

jason kyh said...

one day we shall converse in french!!