Monday, January 23, 2012

The Keppel Bay Run

This could possibly be my favourite run by far. Different terrain, going uphill and downhill... it's quite challenging. The sights are just breathtaking, making the effort to conquer the distance worth it.

I'll roughly run through the route - we started off at Vivocity and climbed Mt Faber. That was already a rather challenging start! We ran past the Jewel Box and made our way to the Henderson Waves, followed by these amazing metallic structures that made us feel like we were running in the canopies of the trees. It was a maze - down, left, right... all the way till we hit Hort Park. From there it was a right turn to Labrador Park, before running down the glorious, gorgeous Keppel Bay, and back to Harbourfront. You can take a look at the full route map here.

Maybe it'll be sexier to share it in photos. So here it goes:

a1

Up, up here we go! The view of the cable cars from Mt Faber never gets old.

a2

The Jewel Box. Epic, expensive food that I haven't had the opportunity to try.

a3

The picturesque high-rise housing estates.

a4

Firus and Ben on the Henderson Waves.

a5

That zig-zag metallic tree-top dash!

a6

A route that's popular with runners, obviously.

a7

Really loved running through this structure. Can really feel the height of it. Really relaxing.

a8

Seemingly endless...

a9

Hort Park! Really nice place, but we didn't have time to go in.

a10

Architecturally curvaceous.

a11

The boardwalk at Labrador Park. Running through a bit of mangroves...

a12

Hit a resting point. Sipped from the water cooler.

a13

Firus and I. He plans the route. I shoot the photos.

a14

Somewhere near Reflections at Keppel Bay. No idea what this building's called though. But it was a work of art against the sky.

a15

Marina at Keppel Bay.

a16

Reflections at Keppel Bay

a17

I think it has the potential to be as iconic as MBS.

a18

Caribbean at Keppel Bay. Okay they really need to come up with more interesting names.

a19

The Marina again. Really reminds me of The OC.

a20

The signboard marking the straight road back to Vivocity.


It was a fantastic experience. I'd run this route a couple more times and focus more on the environment around me. This being my first time, I went a bit nuts taking photos with my phone. I love how running is a great way for me to explore places I don't often go, speedily.

Kinda tempted to spend half a day covering this route, walking, with a DSLR. Should be quite interesting!

No comments: