Saturday, January 07, 2012

New Direction

It's a new year and it's headed for a new direction. I'm no longer new to having a full time job. I've got a fixed income and gotten used to the responsibilities of a working adult. It's nice to have financial security and go in search of something more in life. An adventure perhaps.

Thanks to Firus and Derek, who by end 2011, started to give me some inspiration. I've been infected by their passion and determination. From running attire to running routes, they've been there planting ideas in my head. I've signed up for Men's Health Urbanathlon 2012 (19 Feb) and 21km for the Sundown Marathon 2012 (26 May). I've bought myself a new running attire. I'm going to buy a good pair of running shoes. I've been running very consistently with the two of them. It was great retracing familiar paths and exploring new routes. I've gone to the Waterfront, Labrador Park, Marina Bay to Kallang Riverside Park and One-north Park to Kent Ridge Park.

Not too long ago, when I was bringing my French friend around Singapore, I was always amazed by the things that there were to see, share and discover. These runs gave me the opportunity to do that - explore Singapore on foot. All the nooks and crannies, places that have been hidden away till now, always make me feel like I should have a camera with me at all times. My phone has come in handy though!

In the pipeline are plans to run the King of the Road, which will bring me to KL, Manila, Jakarta and Bangkok to cover distances of approximately 17km. The Six are also very likely to conquer Mount Kinabalu in the earlier half of this year, while I plan to make a trip down to Taiwan for 10 days.

It's nice to know that I still want to push myself and I haven't lost the spirit for adventure. I don't want a holiday to get away from work. I want to go to work, taking a break from my holidays.

No comments: