Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Money Can't Buy

Oh yeah, I am still in a financial pit because my pay only comes in tomorrow, but well, there're somethings money can't buy.

Ryan and I went to Sentosa yesterday. It must've been my fourth trip in 3 weeks or something! I'm getting rather familiar with the place and have grown attached to it. I mean, what's there not to like about the sun, sun and sea? I think I've already made my money's worth if I got myself the Islander membership!



I went to a toilet while he waited for me at this cool place above 7-11 at Palawan Beach. There're a lot of cool places to hang out, and the mood's totally different on Sentosa island. There's a lot to discover and explore. All the little nooks and cranies to chill out make it the place to be.



The view from that place is fantastic! Anyway, when I get my pay, I'm going to get the mat that almost everyone has. It's sold at the store downstairs. I am not going to bring groundsheets. Yuck. Too big, armified and not beach-y enough. The place is just opposite The Aviary and there was a show going on. We went to watch it for a short while. I've seen it before on my solo trip to Sentosa but it was still entertaining. The tricks are what you'd expect from parrots and cockatoos, just that it's nice to settle down and appreciate other living things and their existence on the planet. (The only animal I see often enough is the chicken on my plate, dead of course.)



We walked all the way from Palawan beach to Tanjong beach, We went right to the very end, where the view was picturesque. The feeling of having such a huge, wide-open space in front of us just screamed - Freedom. Ryan was very eager to get a tan, while I wasn't, because any darker and I'd be charcoal-fied. I've asked friends to go with me to Sentosa before especially when I couldn't find anyone else to accompany me, but it's the common misconception that two people can't have fun.



The beach was quite secluded with it being a weekday. So we went about doing the silliest things and er, taking a lot of photos.



That stupid tree cut my forearms and it took me two freaking tries to get up on it. Pity it was hanging any more horizontally! I felt that I would slide down any moment since my feet weren't getting a good grip from being so sandy! The sea was freezing at the beginning, but after taking a huge splash into it, I enjoyed soaking myself in it.

I think it's good for the skin. My face feels smoother already. Hmmm.

It still looks horrible though.



A nice guy helped us take this photo.

After that we spent a long while just lying on the sand while listening to Ryan's mp3 player. There were Jolin and Sun Yan Zi's songs playing, but what really got me on a high was Britney Spears. Ooh... My Prerogative, Sometimes, Do Somethin' and Toxic. As I said the beach was empty so I was doing my best imitation of Miss Spears, the nasty OH! in MP, the purring in Sometimes, the FUNK (which sounds like fuck) in DS and the attitude-laced "It's dangerous, I'm loving it." in Toxic. Sounds a bit bimbotic but I'll have you know that I'm into big band songs, just that I don't think they sound that great at the beach. I was craving for Jessica Simpson's A Public Affair and Paris Hilton's Stars Are Blind. It's the reason they come up with summer hits!

(Reason why gothic bands look so pale.)

(And Eva Longoria has a glowing tan.)



And after this everyone will start doing somersaults on the sands of Sentosa.

The sunset was amazing, but this post is flooded with pictures already. I'll leave it for another time. After that it was late and we decided to go for a shower before heading to Marina to catch the fireworks.



However we were struck by how gorgeous the two towers at the Southern-most-point of SEA looked so we went over to take a couple of photos. This is the bridge at night. The spotlights were blindingly brightl; so bright that you couldn't really see people coming at you from the opposite direction!



And here's the view from the tower. That bright village is the happening place at Palawan beach. I'm still amazed by the array of restaurants there!

It took us a bloody long time to get off Sentosa, and we missed the fireworks display in the end. However we went for Jap food at the foodcourt at Marina before heading home.

It's tiring enjoying myself so much. Wooo!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: