Tuesday, September 29, 2009

3

I didn't think '3' was going to be awesome. I was thinking it'd probably be another B-side and would end up in the hearts of the crazy fans who'd bother with songs like Over To You Now or Chaotic.

However '3' turned out to be much more. It's an insane club stomper, relentless with its beats and crazy lyrics. Meaninglessness - check. Blasphemy - check. Sex - check. In fact, the song's about having a threesome. Now I'd really like to hear it getting played on radio. What does it teach kids? I don't know and I don't care.

There is even her signature moan at the end of the chorus.

I've waited an entire year for a new song. I still remember listening to bits and pieces of Circus last year when it got released while I was studying for the exams. Every release from Britney is like an event in my life!

As I listen to it on repeat for the second hour that I've gotten my hands on the mp3, I can't help but feel so alive. It's like a drug - it heightens your senses the moment you hear it.

Now that is the makings of a great pop song.

What do you say? Are you game?

01

No comments: