Monday, July 25, 2005

An 8 to 5 Job... But It Ain't Mine!

First of all, I'd like to congratulate my pal Sidney (as if I haven't already) on getting a job as COPA. There were vigorous rounds of selection and interview for this important job, mind you. Thus, he now has the opportunity to book out everyday and live a civilian life while at the same time, serving the army. Now how cool is that?

*Envious*

But being the good friend that I am, and since it's a piece of news that you can't stop smiling over (okay, and the happiness was rather infectious), it deserves to be celebrated. Bring on the champagne!



Haha! Today I met up with Sidney at Causeway Point after he dismounted from duty. We had lunch at the foodcourt; he had fish fillet and I had black pepper chicken chop. Before that, my mother and I had breakfast at home. I ate two slices of delicious mango cheescake. I just couldn't help myself! We chatted over his new job and all the welfare and advantages that came along with it. He couldn't stop talking about it and I couldn't stop entertaining the endless possiblities of being able to go home after work and watching TV, surfing the net or working out everyday.

The freedom! Man.

Next we went to the VCD rental place and chose a movie to rent. I couldn't decide on anything because I had nothing in mind. He actually wanted to watch 28 Days Left(?), a movie about zombies, while I was thinking of something a bit more light hearted and a bit less adrenaline inducing! In the end we settled for Bruce Almighty. It costs 3 dollars to rent that thing (Right, I'll pay for the next time), and we took a 5-minute walk to his house.

Hmm, his house is quite nice. Unlike mine which is full of warm colours and furniture, his place is more... cool. I entertained myself with today's Life! and he did his stuff before putting the VCD in the DVD player. The thing refused to work. He tried a few times while I took a look at the arowana. Anyway, in the end we figured the VCD was faulty but we went up to his brother's room to try it out again. I don't know what was wrong with the laptop, so we went to his room to try using his computer and it took quite some time to start up. I got to take a look at some Britney stuff.

Okay, stop kidding me now, I ain't the biggest Britney fan in Singapore, Sidney is! From newspaper cuttings to a few super exclusive catalogues and Britney on the magazine covers of Rolling Stone, Lime and 8 Days, the man has it all! My jaw was literally on the floor when I saw them. The computer took its time to load and I took the chance to get my fingers all over the Britney stuff! He won a Britney competition on MTV Asia some time back and that's how he got a press release (at least that was what I figured it was) of Britney's Britney album.



That came with a Rolling Stone issue with Britney on the cover and also the single of I'm A Slave 4 U and Overprotected. And there were tonnes of posters! Bloody cool stuff.

Did I mention that GHMP was being played from his hi-fi? Do somethin' ya'll!

By some miracle (and after a Hokkien LOTR), Bruce Almighty was able to work on his computer and the movie was quite interesting. It isn't the best thing I've ever watched or anything like that, but it was rather entertaining and as a comedy, it achieved its purpose. The star of the movie being none other than Jim Carey supported by Jennifer Anniston was what made the movie so watchable. We were interrupted by some pop-ups, until we found a way to permanently stop stuff from popping up.

I got to see a lot of his photos too. To top it off, Sidney was real hospitable. I'm sorry I didn't drink the ribena; I'll remember to when I get to go there again! If there is one! I had a lot of fun although we didn't do anything much, just hanging out. It was cool. Happy!

*clink!*



To our friendship!

After all that I went to get my hair cut and bought sweets and hangers for book in.

Well, this is the last entry for this book out, and I'll be back in 4 freaking days. At the request of Nana, here's Ben Moody's Everything Burns - http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0SI4NQM8FID7V2F41AUUDAMQBF. A very impressive song; you've got good taste! I had a great, great, great weekend. Okay, another nice thing was that it was long as well. I'm all for off on Mondays!

That's all for this weekend folks. Take care and Keep Your Cool!

1 comment:

kim said...

Ah ha! Sidney's classmate here.

He's totally the greatest Britney fan I tell you. If anyone were to launch on a anti-Britney debate, Sidney would win HANDS DOWN, and be prepared to sit back and listen to his lecture on : "Why Britney's the Greatest Pop Star Ever Born in this Universe". We were all so terrified of him that we have come to accept the fact that Britney is a sacred topic in front of Sidney.

Hahaha. I miss those times. Anyhow, nice entry!